We’re planning to redesign the Mender UI dashboard a bit to improve the quality and scalability of the information displayed on it. A lot of the current dashboard data is duplicating what’s in the deployments tab and it could be a lot better.
I would really appreciate some feedback from Mender users about what you’d like to see on the dashboard, what information is important/urgent for you to know every time you log in to the UI. Some suggestions:
- If there are pending devices
- If the number of accepted devices has changed recently - have any been accepted or removed since your last login?
- If any deployments have completed recently/since your last visit
- If there are deployments in progress
- If there are deployments pending
- Q: how long can a deployment stay in ‘pending’ status before you start to think something is wrong?
- Show status of your most recent deployments - for example the status all created today & yesterday (and even longer back? 3 days?)
Do these sound useful, is anything missing? What do you look for first when you use the Mender UI? What would events would you want to be notified about?
Your comments would be very valuable!