Issues with Raspberry Pi 3

Thank you but This is exactly what i visualize on eth.network though i can’t see my raspberry on the pending devices on the user interface !

On directory network i found 3 files :

1-enp.network : it contains =>

[Match]
Name=enp*

[Network]
DHCP=v4

[DHCPv4]

UseHostname=false

2-eth.network: it contains =>

[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
Address=192.168.10.2
Gateway=192.168.10.1

3-wireless.network: it contains =>

[Network]
DHCP=yes

Hello @drewmoseley @MarekBelisko @mirzak. I tried the WIFI connectivity, so my raspberry and my pc are connected to the same network but still can’t see my raspberry on the User Interface.

I have a question how canr i know in which port of my pc mender is connected and how can i see through my raspberry if it is connected to mender server ?

Thank you

I have a question how canr i know in which port of my pc mender is connected and how can i see

Mender connects to port 443 (HTTPS) when communicating with the server.

how can i see through my raspberry if it is connected to mender server ?

You can check the Mender client logs by running:

journalctl -f -a -u mender

To see if it is able to connect to the server.

Thanks @mirzak. journalctl -f -a -u mender returns level=error msg="Failure occured while executing autorization request: …

Please post the full log.

Ok

I hope the image is clear

You are getting “connection timeout” error when trying to access 192.168.10.1:443.

Is your Mender server running on a PC with the IP 192.168.10.1?

Can you successfully run ping 192.168.10.1 on the Raspberry Pi?

No ping 192.168.10.1 from my raspberry is not successfull

I mention that i did not do a systemd networking configuration I rather made a wifi configuration.

docker.mender.io doesn’t seems right to me

It is correct in a demo environment.

No ping 192.168.10.1 from my raspberry is not successfull

This you need to resolve first, if you can not ping then you do not have network connectivity between the device and PC. Regardless if WiFi or Ethernet is used.

So if you are connected to WiFi on Raspberry Pi, you need to figure out the IP address of the PC (Mender Server), be able to ping it, then you need to update /etc/hosts to make sure that docker.mender.io resolves to the IP address of your PC (mender server)

My hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.10.1 s3.docker.mender.io
192.168.10.1 docker.mender.io

127.0.1.1 XLS-2201.xx.fr XLS-1994

The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

I’ve already changed it few days ago i changed only the : s3.docker.mender.io and docker.mender.io

Is it the correct change or should i do it differently?

Well if you can not reach 192.168.10.1 then you must update this with the IP address that actually connects/routes to your PC.

This is my hosts file on my rasp

@mirzak @MarekBelisko @drewmoseley please tell me the addresses s3.docker.mender.io and docker.mender.io , what are for ?

Those are just arbitrary names we use in the demo setup. Since we use a pre-built certificate for TLS, they have to be associated with a known name. We then use the /etc/hosts file to define the IP address.

It still seems like your issue is lower level networking since you cannot even ping outbound from the RasPi.

Yes it is a networking issue and apparently low level. I have a question for the artifact, in which langauge did you code ? https://github.com/mendersoftware/mender

The Mender client, mender-artifact tool and all server side components are written in golang.

Thank you @drewmoseley