Where does the version number comes from on mender-server

Today, i upgraded from mender 2.2 to 2.5 (with a stop on 2.4.1 in order to upgrade mongoDB).
All went well but i have a little concern : the version number shown in mender-server is : 2.4.1
as you can see on picture below
mernder-version
When i upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4, the version show at the same position was 2.2

So i was wondering : how to know the actual version / where does these version numbers comes from ?
Thanks in advance and thank you very much for your product

1 Like

Hi @Jerry, in general each of the microservices has it’s own numbering scheme which can be a bit confusing. If there are no changes to a particular microservice, then it’s version number will be the same between two releases. We are discussing ways to reduce the confusion here but at the moment, that’s where it is.

As for this particular display of the version, I don’t know where it is coming from and agree that it should probably reflect the overall Mender product version. @mzedel can you comment?

Drew

Hi @Jerry,
that version should be reflected in the INTEGRATION_VERSION (so the overall Mender product version) variable that is passed to the gui container based on this portion in the run script. The next things to check would be if the repo is maybe still on 2.4.1 or if you don’t use the run script the env values.

@mzedel thank you very much for these details.

1 Like