Cannot Accept Devices

I was following the get started instructions for a virtual device (https://docs.mender.io/get-started/preparation/prepare-a-virtual-device), but got an error when trying to accept the device. Do you know what is causing the error?

The error message was (see the screenshot at the bottom):

There was a problem updating the device authorization status: [object Object]

The steps I followed were:

• Went to the devices page
  • Clicked create a virtual device for now
  • Clicked “Copy to clipboard”
  • Pasted the code into a terminal and press return
  • Went to the pending device list
  • Tried to accept the device

The first time I tried with an older version of docker that was already installed, but I tried again with the latest version and the result was the same.

I also cannot dismiss or reject devices, even after shutting them down.

1 Like

@merlin @tranchitella can either of you help here? I could not replicate this myself using a qemu device.

Drew

Hello @gphillips-a2e

thanks for trying Mender.
since we cannot replicate the problem, I would ask you to provide a screenshot of what happens on the web console (e.g.: to access it in Chrome click with the right mouse button somewhere on the page and choose “Inspect”), I would need the screenshot from the “Console” and “Network” tabs as you press “Accept” to accept the device.

best regards,
peter

@gphillips-a2e, just to confirm, are you logged in as the admin user? I could image you can get these type of errors if you are logged in as a read-only user, which does not have permissions to accept devices.

Here are the screenshots:

I cannot find anything in the settings or profile which says whether I am admin user, but someone else created my account so it is possible that I am not. How can I tell?

I talked to the person that created the account. He has given me additional permissions and it is now working.

Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like