Opensource server install problem

Hi,

following the mender docs for production server installation with kubernetes. I got to the final step for installing the mender server helm chart but its giving me an error below. I’m just getting stated with helm so apologies if this is a really basic question. Looks to me like something changed on the git repo for the chart. Any ideas?

–Matt.

$ helm upgrade --install mender mender/mender --version master -f mender-master.yml
Release “mender” does not exist. Installing it now.
index.go:346: skipping loading invalid entry for chart “mender” “master” from /home/mender/.cache/helm/repository/mender-index.yaml: validation: chart.metadata.version “master” is invalid
Error: failed to download “mender/mender” at version “master”

Ok fixed the issue by changing master to 3.2.x…so correct install command is:
helm upgrade --install mender mender/mender --version 3.2.x -f mender-master.yml

@mattwood2000

In the first case were you using the development version of the docs?

For the release branches this seems to be correct already.

yup, figured that out afterwards!

1 Like

Hello,
I am currently still getting this Error, regardless which command I use.
I am following the server installation guide for version 3.2

@denniss

Could you please paste the command you are having issues with here?

It is this one:

helm upgrade --install mender mender/mender --version 3.2.1 -f mender-3.2.1.yml

variations with -version master didn’t work either.

Hi @denniss this should have been fixed a few days ago here.

Are you still sure this does not work?

Hi @oleorhagen
Yes, I just tried it again, made sure I follow every step, unfortunately no luck, still getting the message:

index.go:346: skipping loading invalid entry for chart “mender” “master” from https://charts.mender.io: validation: chart.metadata.version “master” is invalid

edited the “from” part, copied the wrong string first.

Hi again @denniss I’m sorry for the late reply.

But this should have been fixed by now. Feel free to reach out if it still does not work.