NVIDIA Jetson Nano A/B partitioning

I need help with the basics of partitioning for the mender. In my project I will use a Jetson Nano. My goal is to somehow create the A/B partition layout from scratch, so later I can make kernel/system/application updates remotely.

I have literally read the whole forum and many discussions elsewhere, but still don’t know how to start this. Just to be clear, I’m very new to this area, but if you guys can give me some help, I would really appreciate it!

I think I need to know how can I make the file system for the A/B partitioning, and how to configure GRUB to manage the updates I think. Or maybe Mender will help me with bootloading.

Anyways, thanks for the help! I hope I’m not completely hopeless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @svab,

Thanks for reaching to us. If you are trying to use L4T, the Jetson nano doesn’t support A/B partitioning. But if you go with the Yocto-way, did you already checked this tutorial? NVIDIA Tegra Jetson Nano. Please notice the 2GB version is not supported/tested (yet).

The configuration files from that tutorial will take care of the partitioning. If you need to customize the sizes of the partitions, or any other detail, you can check Partition configuration | Mender documentation.

These links cover everything I think you have to know at this point, but please feel free to ask any extra detail you need to configure after following them.

Have a nice day!
Luis

1 Like

Thanks really for your suggessions! I think I will try the Yocto-way out, and will come here to ask if needed. Anyways just wanted to say thank you! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Svab

2 Likes