Flashing Jetson Nano with tegrademo-mender: "Failed to mount /data"

I am attempting to follow this thread’s instructions for flashing my Jetson Nano Devkit (with EMMC) with tegrademo-mender: NVIDIA Tegra Jetson Nano .

I am able to flash the Nano with tegrademo just fine. Switching to tegrademo-mender results in the following issue (apologies for the screenshot of the output):

I do not have an SD card inserted in the devkit’s SD card slot. I’m unsure how to debug this further - any advice on how I can diagnose the issue?

Hello @patwolfe,

Which OE4T version are you using? I don’t think Mender will work out of the box with the latest version yet (the one based on Jetpack 5). Are you using the one based on 4.6 or below?

Have a nice day!
Luis

1 Like

Hey @lramirez , I actually realized I was flashing with an outdated image. The tegrademo-mender image worked totally fine with the Nano when I properly tried it (using the dunfell LTS branch, which I believe uses L4T 32.7.x). I believe this error was coming up because the image I had previously built was not properly configured to work with Mender, leading to issues mounting the /data partition.

With the OE4T image flashed, will we be able to do full A/B OS image updates on the Nano? I know this functionality does not work with Jetpack on the Nano.

1 Like

Hello @patwolfe,

My understanding is that A/B on Jetson Nano is possible by using OE4T as it uses u-boot and we can play around better with it in comparison to cboot. I have not tried myself.

Have a nice day!
Luis