IMX6ULEVK: adding custom machine throws arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found

My board is based on IMX6ULEVK. I am trying to add custom machine type (imx6uloib) and few meta layers.

1. repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga.xml
  2. repo sync
  3. cd sources
  4. add custom layers in base/conf/bblayers.conf
  5. copy the meta-custom-xx directories to sources. this folder has machine.conf and recipes-kernel/linux-imx_%.bbappend
  6. DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx6uloib source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-ul
  7. bitbake core-image-base

i am getting the below errors. i see that toolchain is downloaded in build directory. Can someone help?

| /nobackup/sikumar3/inode_sumo/buildnew/tmp/work-shared/imx6uloib/kernel-source/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 26: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
| /nobackup/sikumar3/inode_sumo/buildnew/tmp/work-shared/imx6uloib/kernel-source/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 27: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found

Hi @SivaKRC, welcome to Mender Hub.

That error looks to me like something in your standard Yocto configuration and not specific to Mender. Can you reproduce this without any of the Mender layers?

And just to be sure, I would invoke bitbake as follows:
MACHINE=imx6uloib bitbake core-image-base

Drew

i tried “MACHINE=imx6uloib bitbake core-image-base” and I am getting the same error.

| /nobackup/sikumar3/mynode_sumo/build-ul/tmp/work-shared/imx6uloib/kernel-source/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 26: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
| /nobackup/sikumar3mynode_sumo/build-ul/tmp/work-shared/imx6uloib/kernel-source/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 27: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found