Host validation error on deployment step

personally at this point i usually spin up a previous version v2.6 to narrow down whether the issues you are experiencing are confined to the latest version or not.

So unfortunate.

Let me try 2.6 then Iā€™ll post back.

Thanks.

Good news here, v2.6 seems working. Iā€™ll go ahead with it.

I believe providing a bit more info about my test environment(s) and how my Mender test attempt went could be beneficial for you to debug the issue(s).

Thereā€™re 2 different servers used by our UI team.

1. ā€œApplication Serverā€
  2. ā€œTest Serverā€

I was experimenting on the Application Server at first. However, there are other applications that occupy ports 80, 443, and 9000 (there is another minio instance deployed by the UI team). I tried to install Mender on this server by changing configurations (I mean re-mapping the ports) but failed with the v2.7 (because of the Go issue mentioned in this reply)

Then I tried installing v2.6 on App server, but failed again, couldnā€™t resolve how to re-map port bindings, and end up with a system that I cannot log in to (it was redirecting me to https://myurl:443 which is occupied by another app and even I tried over https://myurl:4430, it was saying login name or pass is incorrect).

After that I switched to Test server (since all ports are available and no overlapping applications) and installed v2.7, but Go parsing issue is raised again.

Lastly, on the Test server, I tried v2.6 and it worked.

Iā€™ll go ahead with this server and installation for now (lacking new addons :(( ), but please let me know if I can provide any more information to figure out the issues.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good news, at least you can move forward for now, whilst the v2.7 issues are looked into.

Someone else getting the same GO error

Seems so.

Should I update the title? Maybe thereā€™re other people having the same Go issue and canā€™t find an open discussion.

maybe leave title as is as this issue is now cross-linked with the other one

ok then

:+1: