Full OS Update in Raspberry PI 3 board running with Ubuntu 18.04

Please describe the steps to integrate Mender into an existing Debian-family image and which OS versions have been tested.
I have a Raspberry PI board running with Ubuntu 18.04 OS. I wish to do an OS update to the device. How can I do that using mender?
I have successfully updated files and directory using mender and its time for full OS update

Please describe the steps to integrate Mender into an existing Debian-family image and which OS versions have been tested.

Please have a look at this thread, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B/B+ Raspbian - #39.

We only test Raspbian images.

I wish to do an OS update in Raspberry PI with Ubuntu 18.04
I tried using mender convert but i failed.
If you can suggest me anything, it will be great

Hi @DipinPK at the moment, there is not support for Ubuntu on the Raspberry Pi platforms. Our new iteration of the mender-convert tool should allow for easier support of this but it’s not on our planned list of supported OSes at the moment. You can see the current discussion of the new version here :New iteration of the mender-convert tool

And if you would like to get involved in the development, we would happy take a pull request.

Drew

Thank you for your information.
I have a few more questions.

1. In which platform mender will support for Ubuntu OS?
  2. I am not completely involved in to Raspberry PI. I have some other ARM board as well. What would be the support in this case?
  3. Even I have some gateway with Intel processors, with x64 architecture and Ubuntu OS. What is the level of support mender can do here?

Thanks in advance

Hi @DipinPK,

At the moment there are no specific plans for OS and hardware combinations supported in the mender-convert tool. We usually add support opportunistically based on other projects. Each OS/hardware combo likely requires at least a bit of tweaking to work but it is designed to be minimal.

If you want explicit support on either the ARM board or the X86/Ubuntu, we have a Consulting Services team that can help.

Alternatively, we are happy to take PRs adding support for those kinds of things into mender-convert if you want to get your hands dirty.

Drew