Cannot see "ungrouped devices" in mender server 2.4.0 beta.1

I updated to mender 2.4.0 beta 1.

With this new version I cannot see ungrouped devices. If I search for a device not already in a group with the new filter is ok, but I expect to see this device in the “ungrouped group” to understand that it’s new.

I’m the only one with this issue?

It was actually removed (intentionally) due to various reasons but I think there is work in progress to actually get it back in as it has shown to be valuable to many users.

@mzedel probably has the latest info on this.

1 Like

For all non-enterprise user this feature is required to be able to find new devices and add it manually to groups.
At the moment, I have to revert back to 2.3.0, because it’s impossible to use it.

Without dynamic groups also for open-source mender server, “ungrouped devices” are the only reasonable way to identify new devices still not added to static groups.
The new filter using a single value to identify newer devices is not enough.

@mirzak @mzedel
We at Palo Alto Innovation see the lack of ungrouped devices as a major problem in 2.4.0 beta 1. We’ve survived it so far but it makes it impossible to quickly find new devices and add them to groups. I really hope you guys can fix this for 2.4.0.

–Cameron

Hi @Ks89 @ckelloug2,

Good news! Due to feedback we are bringing this feature back to all plans and editions. It is now called “Unassigned devices”.

It is already deployed to all hosted Mender plans and will be part of on-premise 2.5.0 release coming later this year (September/October).

Thanks for the feedback.

So, is there no way to push an hot-fix directly to 2.4.0 branch?
“Unassigned devices” is really an important feature.