Cannot connect mender client to hosted mender server

Hi there,

I tried installing mender-client using the Debian package. When I run sudo mender setup to provide credentials of the hosted mender server, it showed: “We couldn’t find a Hosted Mender account with those credentials.” I am sure that the credentials are correct.

I then removed all the mender files and directories it had created, using ‘sudo apt purge mender-client’. I later tried to install the client again from the UI of the hosted mender server using the ‘CONNECT A DEVICE’ button of the dashboard. It didn’t show the device on the pending tab of the server UI. I similarly ran the ‘sudo mender install’. It again showed: “We couldn’t find a Hosted Mender account with those credentials.”

I had been doing the same setup steps previously. It is not working now.

Regards,
Saman

1 Like

@peter can you help here?

Hello @SamanRatna, are you accessing Hosted Mender using OAuth 2 authentication (Google or GitHub) or standard email and password?

standard email and password

Saman

@SamanRatna I suppose the same credentials work for logging into Hosted Mender, right? Can you please share with us the full transcript of your console installing the client and running the setup?