Cannot access /data/u-boot in linux on integrating mender?

I am working on yocto and integrating mender with it. Currently, my distro has two data parititions one contains /data/U-boot and other contains /data/mender . The data partition contaning mender overlays the U-boot data partition and I need to unmount the mender data partition to get access to u-boot. How can I merge these two data partitions? I have configured my data partition as mmcblk0p6 in local.conf file. My fstab looks like this:

# stock fstab - you probably want to override this with a machine specific one

/dev/root            /                    auto       defaults              1  1
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0  0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0  0
tmpfs                /run                 tmpfs      mode=0755,nodev,nosuid,strictatime 0  0
tmpfs                /var/volatile        tmpfs      defaults              0  0

# uncomment this if your device has a SD/MMC/Transflash slot
#/dev/mmcblk0p1       /media/card          auto       defaults,sync,noauto  0  0

# Where the U-Boot environment resides; for devices with SD card support ONLY!
/dev/mmcblk0p1       /uboot               auto       defaults,sync         0  0
/dev/mmcblk0p6       /data                auto       defaults              0  0

Hi @amd. Welcome to Mender hub.

From the looks of your fstab, the uboot partition should be mounted at /uboot, assuming it is on /dev/mmcblk0p1. But you also have that partition set to be mounted at /media/card so I’m not sure what specifically we are looking at.

What partition device node is the /data/U-boot partition?

Drew

Hello Drew,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry, a small mistake the /media/card is actually commented out which I have edited and the /data/uboot and /data/mender are in the same partition mmcblk0p6. That is why I am confused.

Kind Regards,
Amod

I’m still not sure what issue you are seeing. What are your MENDER_* variables defined as in local.conf?Is /dev/mmcblk0p6 the data partition that was created by the meta-mender logic or is that a separate partition?

When the system is booted can you show the output of the “mount” command and explain what you want to see instead?