Updating Raspberry Pi boot firmware files using Yocto Project and Mender

The 1.x series does not support state scripts on the command line, it was a new feature in 2.0, I believe.

You know what i though the same thingsā€¦
State scripts | Mender documentation however it does say it starts in 1.2ā€¦
We have a update ā€œbootstrappingā€ So I guess I will have to add it in thereā€¦

FYI, the latest stable RPi firmware release now makes it easier to do A/B booting at the partition level by adding a [tryboot] filter to the autoboot.txt file. Although, it will take a while for this to filter through into the various Raspberry Pi and other distros.

I was testing updating Raspberry Piā€™s and I found some devices were losing functionality after updating the firmware. It seems that rpi-udate-firwmare does not include Image, and it places overlay_map.dtb in /boot/firmware instead of /boot/firmware/overlays. Without receiving those parts of the firmware in the update, (predictably) devices that needed updated versions lost the ability to detect some hardware.

For my purposes, Iā€™m using a modified version of the class to include the missing files in rootfs /boot/firmware so they can be copied into place by the state script. Should the Mender-provided class be altered to include these files?

Thanks!