I would like to know what is the main reason of using mutual TLS?
It is said that, authenticated devices are automatically accepted in the mender server. But in my case I could able to see the device in pending list in mender server, manually I should accept it. Can you please elaborate on this mutual TLS feature?
Background description about my mutual TLS testing:
- Generated CA, client and server certificates as per the mender documentation
- Edge proxy is running in the host pc where docker is running
- Copied the device private key and certificates to rootfs and flashed binaries to the board
- Device is listed in pending list of hosted server while it is booting
- Manually accepted the device and tested OTA update
Whether my testing procedure is as expected?
Can I get some more clarification about advantages of using mutual TLS?
Looking forward for your response.
Thanks & Regards,