U-boot conflict. Jetson xavier - mender integration

Hello here,
I’m trying to build a yocto image using warrior branch for jetson xavier machine.
I had a build error that the machine isn’t in the list of uboot compatible list. Looking at xavier documentation I understood that the xavier isn’t using uboot and hence I had removed the uboot build using the following command.

MACHINE=jetson-xavier bitbake -I core-image-minimal

The jetson-xavier uses cboot and mender uses u-boot. Now I’ve this error due to the uboot conflict, can someone explain how to integrate mender with jetson agx xavier.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mender : Depends: u-boot-fw-utils but it is not installable
 packagegroup-core-x11 : Depends: packagegroup-core-x11-xserver but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Mender only supports U-Boot and GRUB at the moment. I’m afraid it does not support cboot. Support for new bootloaders is possible to implement, but this is a complex project, more complex than a simple board integration. If your are interested in consulting services to help with this, please contact us to discuss the possibilities.

There is already community-supported integration for the cboot-based Jetsons - Xavier NX and AGX Xavier, for example. That’s in dunfell; some back-porting might be needed to get it to work on warrior.

1 Like