Support for Amazon S3 in Mender Server 2.3.0

Hi,

We’re having trouble getting our S3 configuration from 2.0.0 to work in 2.3.0. I took a look at the configurations and realized that the merge of the 2.3.0 changes has removed
integration/docker-compose.storage.s3.yml

Without this file, what is the prescribed method for incorporating an S3 client into a mender configuration?

Hi @ckelloug2 I see from the git logs that it was removed in the context of some testing changes. @lluiscampos you made that particular change; do we need to add that file back?

@ckelloug2 Can you restore the file directly from your older branch? I don’t see anything in there that would have a changed format or anything.
Drew

Hi @drewmoseley,

I did try restoring the file from an older branch and adding it to production/run but something else changed and I could not get Deployments to work.

Hi @ckelloug2,

Thanks for reporting. I did remove it some time ago when I wrongly concluded that it was not used in production. Now I see my mistake and I am going to restore it in master, 2.3.x and 2.4.x branches. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The problem at the time (and now) is that we don’t have integration tests for this particular configuration of the storage (we test MinIO extensively), which means that if the file stops working with changes done in deployments service (as your last message seems to indicate) then we will not catch it our CI system.

As said above, I’ll restore it and verify that it works :slight_smile:

Hi @ckelloug2,

We have now restored the file in master/2.4.x/2.3.x branches. Could you let us know if it works for you?

1 Like

After lots of effort merging I finally got 2.3.0 and 2.4.0b1 to work. Keeping that file around will allow someone in the future to get Amazon s3 to work without having to figure out the magic incantation on their own.