Standalone State Scripts not executed

Hi, I’m running Mender standalone client 1.6.0. I have built an artifact with state scripts using Yocto (Sumo). Both 1.4.0 and 1.6.0 produce the same result. If I look inside the artifact, they are indeed included. For me, things happen differently to other posters. My scripts get extracted to whatever folder I run “mender” (not /var/lib/mender/scripts or /etc/mender/scripts).

When mender runs, the scripts are “processed” but never executed:

DEBU[0000] installer: processing script: ArtifactInstall_Enter_00 module=installer
DEBU[0000] installer: processing script: ArtifactInstall_Leave_50_x module=installer
DEBU[0000] installer: processing script: ArtifactInstall_Leave_99 module=installer
DEBU[0000] installer: processing script: ArtifactReboot_Leave_50 module=installer
DEBU[0000] installer: processing script: ArtifactCommit_Enter_50 module=installer

Basically copied from : https://github.com/mendersoftware/meta-mender/blob/dunfell/meta-mender-demo/recipes-mender/example-state-scripts/example-state-scripts_1.0.bb:

#!/bin/sh

echo "$(mender show-artifact): $(basename "$0") was called!" >&2
exit 0

Manually running each script executes fine but I never see this in the debug.

I tried adding:

touch /boot/test.txt to the script and the file is never created. I’ve also tried manually copying the scripts to both /var/lib/mender/scripts and /etc/mender/scripts on the calling partition (in case the mender client looks for the script in these locations - not where it extracted them) but still nothing gets called.

Help please

Hey @jabas,

Support for running state scripts in standalone mode was added in 2.0.0. I suggest you upgrade to the latest version in sumo.

Ah. Very useful. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and for your quick response.

My pleasure. Be aware that there are some restrictions in standalone mode as well.