I’m hosting an open source mender-server and since the update to
3.1.0 (at least I think it is since then) I have some issues in my setup and I hope you can help me out.
When a new device comes online, it does not get recognized by the server at all:
- I brought up a not pre-authorized device, it was not shown under pending devices
- I pre-authorized a device, brought it online, it did not come online once connected to the server the first time
After digging around bit, I found this post and tried it out.
docker exec $(docker ps -q -n 1 -f 'name=device-auth') /usr/bin/deviceauth propagate-inventory docker exec $(docker ps -q -n 1 -f 'name=device-auth') /usr/bin/deviceauth propagate-inventory-id-data docker exec $(docker ps -q -n 1 -f 'name=device-auth') /usr/bin/deviceauth propagate-inventory-statuses
The moment I executed the 3 command, the pending devices showed up and the pre-authorized device appeared in the device list. Everything looked correct.
Then I tried to accept the pending device, the status of device in the webinterface startet toggeling between accepted and pending (very fast).
deviceauth propagate-inventory-statuses the status flickering stopped and the device was accepted and everything is as it should be.
Unfortunately this behavior remains, I re-pulled the containers, restarted the server and the service, nothing helped. It seems like my setup has something broken and I have no idea what it could be.
I also tried the
deviceauth maintenance --decommissioning-cleanup, the issue remains.