Mender option --log-file is not working

Hi everyone,

I’m using mender client version eef7471 to perform system updates on Nvidia Jetson TX2.

I tried to use the option –log-file but is not working for me. I mean the log file was not created.

Here is the version of mender client I used.

root@jetson-tx2:~# mender --help
NAME:
mender - manage and start the Mender client.

USAGE:
[global options] command [command options] [arguments...]

VERSION:
eef7471  runtime: go1.12.9

Here the command line I used.

root@jetson-tx2:~# mender install /mnt/ssd/core-image-base-jetson-tx2-20200713105842.mender --log-level debug --log-file /tmp/my_mender_install.log                                          
INFO[0000] Loaded configuration file: /var/lib/mender/mender.conf  module=config                                                                                                         
INFO[0000] Loaded configuration file: /etc/mender/mender.conf  module=config                                                                                                             
INFO[0000] Mender running on partition: /dev/mmcblk0p1   module=cli                                                                                                                      
INFO[0000] Start updating from local image file: [/mnt/ssd/core-image-base-jetson-tx2-20200713105842.mender]  module=standalone                                                          
Installing Artifact of size 115989504... 

Could you please confirm that ?

Best regards,
Ilies

The --log-file argument needs to come before install.

Thanks @kacf