Mender client - install a specific artifact

Good Day Friends!
I have mender-client 3.4 installed on my device. On some occasions there is the need to install a specific version of an artifact. I have a self hosted mender 3.4 on Azure. This instance has various artifacts.

• Can mender-client request a specific version (pull) without a deployment being created in the UI?

• Is it possible somehow to use my MinIO instance to fetch an artifact?
    I’m aware of mender install 'myURL'. Could not find anything in the MinIO Browser to share a permanent link. Are there some options in the MinIO backend where I can make a bucket always publicly accessible for read only?

Device with client must not save any tokens or sensitive information.

Thanks in advance!

PS:
Are there any plans to implement policies for mender tokens in the future?

Can mender-client request a specific version (pull) without a deployment being created in the UI?

No, you need a deployment to be active. And even with multiple deployments in progress, the one that will be chosen will follow this algorithm: Deployment | Mender documentation

Is it possible somehow to use my MinIO instance to fetch an artifact?

Not sure outside the Mender context if that is possible to be honest, I would think that could be dangerous if the artifacts handle sensitive information. I wonder if it would make more sense to use another mechanism to provide the artifact into your device and then use the mender standalone mode to install the artifacts as it looks the Mender polling mechanism is not suitable for your use case.