Make mender-artifact permission dnied

Hello Everyone,
I was trying to create a mender-artifact on my raspberrypi4. Since i tried to create it from source i was following GitHub - mendersoftware/mender-artifact: Library for managing Mender artifact files → Building from Source → Native. I installed everything and it seems all ok but when i use the make command i get this Error-message and i don’t know if it belongs to mender or someone else.

github.com/mendersoftware/mender-artifact: go build github.com/mendersoftware/mender-artifact: copying /tmp/go-build967728089/b001/exe/a.out: open mender-artifact: permission denied
make: *** [Makefile:41: build] Error 1

Being grateful for any kind of help
Kind Regards

Hi @fbaer,

That actually looks strange. Which Linux distribution are you trying this on? Default user?

Greetz,
Josef

Sorry for the extremely late reply.
I found the error. Cause of lack of volume space on root i installed it elsewhere. So when i’m using the command make i don’t got the correct rights, but it’s using the correct path. If i’m using sudo make i got the correct rights but its using the default path and since i put it somewhere different it doesn’t find the make file.
For Confirmation i changed the rights of the directory with chmod and then was able to run everything.

Kind Regards

1 Like