Dependency loop when adding meta-mender

Hi all,

We are facing an issue about dependency loop while we try to add mender layer to build system. These 11 error messages are

Dependency loop #1 found :
Task ....../mender-client_2.6.1**.bb:do_package_write_rpm (dependent tasks a lot of tasks but some of them are initramfs, grub-efi and grub)

Dependency loop #2 found :
Task ....../mender-client_2.6.1**.bb:do_package_qa (dependent tasks a lot of tasks but some of them are initramfs, grub-efi and grub)

Dependency loop #10 found :
Task ....../grub-mender-grubenv_git**.bb:do_package_write_rpm (dependent tasks a lot of tasks but some of them are initramfs, grub-efi and grub)

Dependency loop #11 found :
Task ....../grub-mender-grubenv_git**.bb:do_package_qa (dependent tasks a lot of tasks but some of them are initramfs, grub-efi and grub)

What we have in our system :

• This build system has already got initramfs image recipe.
  • This build system use meta-secure-core layer

Note : we already build system with meta-secure-core successfully without any issues

What I think is meta-mender is conflict with meta-secure-core and with initramfs.bb. Exactly at tasks do_package_write_rpm and do_package_qa. Unfortunately I could not find the implementation for them to see where is the conflict.

Thanks in advance

We have solved this by adding the following lines in mender-client bbappend file

addtask package_write_rpm after do_install
addtask package_qa after package_write_rpm

I’m confused why these tasks are not invoked automatically.

1 Like

Hi @Mdosari

Nice find!

I’m guessing they are invoked automatically, but they are resolved in a different order by default (haven’t looked at the sources here).

Maybe you could create a PR for this, so that we can have a closer look? :eyes:

Hi @oleorhagen

Unfortunately I couldn’t create and push a revision for the recipe. But all I did is the following.

I have created mender-client_3.1.0.bbappend with following content

addtask package_write_rpm after do_install 
addtask package_qa after do_package_write_rpm

By the way I’m using the following versions
mender-client = 3.1.0
mender-artifact = 3.6.1
mender-artifact-native = 3.6.1
mender-connect = 1.2.0

best regards

@Mdosari thank you, I will follow up this with the meta-mender recipe :slight_smile: