Creating a snapshot using mender-artifact CLI gives error!

Hi
I am getting following error while trying to create snapshot from my host laptop

Please help

When Creating a snapshot on the golden device on target board, I get following error! My target device is RISCV

Do you have the multiple partition setup configured? The error seems to indicate that it is not. What do the following commands show when run on the target?

# mount
# lsblk
# cat /etc/fstab
# ls -ld /var/lib/mender

Drew

Hi @drewmoseley
As required, here are the output for commands:

Even when /data partition is mounted, still getting same error!

I am getting same issue when i do on Raspberry pi4

Yes, it looks like you don’t have the multiple partition setup done properly. The /var/lib/mender directory should actually be a symlink into /data/. I suspect on your RPI you installed the Mender debian package rather than using a pre-converted image.

What do you have in your /data directory?

Drew

What do you mean by multiple partition set up. Can you please suggest me how to resolve this problem. I have been trying since 16 hours continuosly

@TheYoctoJester can you help?

Hi @kartik,

Can you please provide some more details?

• are you using mender-convert on an image file or over SSH?
  • which Raspberry Pi OS version? 32bit or 64 bit?
  • which mender-convert version?
  • which mender-convert command, e.g. which configuration?
  • the full log

Thanks!

We liked the features that are provided by Mender but not able to achieve them thru documentation.
Shall we have a call so that I explain my current state ?

Hi @kartik,

I am open to a call for figuring out details, but as you have not provided any details it is hard to prepare as I do not have any context of the problem at all. Can you please gather as much information as possible, outlined in the last post so we can get an understanding of the situation? Then we can proceed to a call.

Greetz,
Josef