Coral yocto opencl & gpu driver

Hi,

I’ve managed to setup a yocto distribution using the coral layer provided by mender. I’m attempting to use opencl on that platform.

However the resulting image doesn’t have the required files in /etc/Opencl/vendors, even after installing the deb packages by hand that I would have used on mendel OS, to install the opencl environment.

I’ve also tried to include the packages in the bitbake build process by adding: clinfo, ocl-icd-opencl-dev & opencl-clhpp-headers into the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL variable on my local.conf file, but that results in an error message such as:

“ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES ‘ocl-icd-opencl-dev’…”

when running

“bitbake core-image-full-cmdline”

I also tried to add those dependencies under /sources/meta-coral/meta-coral-demo/recipes/coral-images/coral-demo-image.bb, but those changes are never getting included when running bitbake.

How would I go about adding these packages to the yocto image build? and is there a driver included for the vivante gpu in the coral layer or do I have to add that by hand as well?

Drivers for vivante GPU are provided by https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale.

You can try building fsl-image-multimedia which includes GPU drivers and example/benchmark programs.