Bitbake core-image-minimal error

@tranchitella ping

Hi drewmoseley.

triamp@mender:~$ curl -k -H “Authorization: Bearer $JWT” $MENDER_SERVER_URI/api/management/v1/useradm/users

401 Authorization Required

401 Authorization Required

openresty/1.13.6.2

please help slove this problem.thanks

@triampmeili The issue you are facing with the creation of a deployment which targets a group is a known issue in Mender 2.5.0, please follow this advice to upgrade to the most recent bugfix release:

For the second issue you are reporting, the 401 Authorization Required means the JWT token is not valid anymore (it has an expiration date/time in it) and you should request a new one using the login end-point.

Hi tranchitella,
I used Mender-2.5.0.

@triampmeili sorry, I meant 2.5.0, indeed.

Hi tranchitella,

please help me solve this problem " parse error: Invaild numeric literal at line 1,colume 7’" Thanks

Hi tranchitella,
Currently there is only version 2.5.0 on the website of Mender.
please give new version.Thanks!

@triampmeili As I mentioned above, please follow the instructions I posted two hours ago.
Regarding the curl issue, please check the output from curl without using jq to verify if it is a JSON document.

Hi tranchitella,

1. " change the two lines quoted above in prod.yml from “2.5.0” to “2.5.x”" , But there is no "2.5.0" in the config/prod.yml file, only "2.1"

2. Production mender server has been created and put a lot of device, I want to copy the same production mender server to a new computer. (Because I use the same steps to create production mender server on new computer, but it is a new account, and the pending device is still connected to the old computer is not connected to the new computer.)

how do I do it?

Thanks

Hi drewmoseley,

1. " change the two lines quoted above in prod.yml from “2.5.0” to “2.5.x”" , But there is no “2.5.0” in the config/prod.yml file, only “2.1”

2. Production mender server has been created and put a lot of device, I want to copy the same production mender server to a new computer. (Because I use the same steps to create production mender server on new computer, but it is a new account, and the pending device is still connected to the old computer is not connected to the new computer.)

Please help how do I do it? Thanks!

@tranchitella @merlin can either of you help here?

Hi tranchitella,

1. " change the two lines quoted above in prod.yml from “2.5.0” to “2.5.x”" , But there is no “2.5.0” in the config/prod.yml file, only “2.1”

Please help how do I do it? Thanks!

This is a sample prod.yml file:

Under mender-deployments, you can add:

image: mendersoftware/deployments:mender-2.5.x

Under mender-inventory, you can add:

image: mendersoftware/inventory:mender-2.5.x

At this point, restart the server.

Hi tranchitella,
This problem is solved, very grateful

Hi tranchitella,
Production mender server has been created and put a lot of device.
Can the production mender server copy the contents of the same account to another hard disk?

Thanks!

Hi tranchitella,
If the OTA download fails in the middle, it can’t be downloaded again. Where does the program need to add fuction to re-downloading ? Thanks!

@triampmeili can you please be a bit more explicit describing the issue you are facing? What does it mean if the “OTA download” fails in the middle it cannot be downloaded again? Do you mean failure in the download phase, or error while applying the deployment to the device?

In case the deployment fails, the Professional and Enterprise versions of Mender support automatic retry of failed deployments. The Open Source version of Mender doesn’t, though, thus the only option is scheduling a new deployment for the device.

I can’t retry new deployment successfully, unless the hardware re-burns the program (.scard) to deployment, is there a solution? Thanks!

@triampmeili what specific error are you seeing?

How are you triggering a retry?

Has the original deployment completed in the server?

What Mender plan are you using?

Can you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue?

Drew