Bitbake core-image-minimal error

Hi @triampmeili

Regarding the excel database, I’m not sure what you are trying to do. We do have a single file update module that will copy one file onto the target.

As for the device connection time, it’s hard to say. Devices need to have a synchronized time source using NTP before the TLS certificates can be validated. That can be one source of delay. If you can provide the output from running journalctl -u mender-client on the device that took so long, we may be able to see other things.

Drew

Hi drewmoseley,

Thanks for your help.
   My Mender Server Starter has a deployment that cannot be deleted, the error message is as follows: There was wan error while aborting the deployment: Deployment already finished [Request ID: 9c1b2e3c]

please tell how to detele?Thanks!

The error message indicates that it has completed. What is the purpose of deleting it? We don’t support that. If a deployment is in progress, it can be aborted but once it has finished, there is nothing to delete or abort.

I want to delete this deployments.

Strange. If you refresh the page, does anything change? Change you post a screen shot of the whole UI when the deployments tab is open?

I refresh the page can’t change anything.

How can i do this? Thanks

NTP is a big topic and it’s going to depend a lot on your OS/Distro setup. Since this thread is ostensibly about a Yocto build, assuming you are using the standard systemd-based configuration then you just need to make sure that the timesyncd option is enabled in the system recipe PACKAGECONFIG.

Is your deployment issue on one of our hosted instances or are you using a self-hosted server? If it is our instance, can you provide the deployment ID?

My deployment issue on your hosted. I don’t know what our deployment ID is?

It should be visible in the deployment details screen.

triamp@triamp-Macmini:~$ curl -H “Authorization: Bearer $JWT” $MENDER_SERVER_URI/api/management/v1/deployments/deployments/1a694a4e-882b-4d53-a1b2-a3cced36c9ef
{“name”:“test”,“artifact_name”:“release-test-0904-2”,“created”:“2020-11-23T02:41:38.614Z”,“finished”:“2020-11-23T02:42:25.763Z”,“id”:“1a694a4e-882b-4d53-a1b2-a3cced36c9ef”,“artifacts”:[“ee52791d-104c-40f5-9d40-2e62cf8dbd88”],“status”:“finished”,“device_count”:0,“max_devices”:2}

What command do i need to delete the deployment? Thanks!

What command do i need to read finished status( success, failure, already-installed, aborded)?

Thanks!

What command do i need to delete the deployment? Thanks!

You cannot as far as I know. What I don’t understand is why the GUI continues to show the deployment as your curl command clearly shows the status as Finished. @mzedel @tranchitella do you guys have any idea on this one?

What command do i need to read finished status( success, failure, already-installed, aborded)?

You can use something like

curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer $JWT" https://hosted.mender.io/api/management/v1/deployments/deployments?status=scheduled

but note that is only the status of the deployment as a whole. Valid values for the status are scheduled, pending, inprogress and finished. To determine the reason for an individual failure you need to something like

curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer $JWT" https://hosted.mender.io/api/management/v1/deployments/deployments/${id}

using the id you found earlier.

Hi drewmoseley,
I’d like to know if there is customerized Mender server or not. If there is, please advise me . Thank you in advance!

Hi @triampmeili I’m not sure what you mean by “customerized” version. You can see the details of our plans here. Let me know if that doesn’t address your question.

Drew

Hi drewmoseley,
The mender production is completed, but there is an error signal in “CREAT A DEPLOYMENT”, please advise how to solve it.

Thanks!
Kirsty

@tranchitella can you help with this one?

Hi drewmoseley,
I want to use the Preauthorize in Production Mender, but the following error occurs:

triamp@triamp-Macmini:~ MENDER_SERVER_USER='user1@host.com' triamp@triamp-Macmini:~ JWT=$(curl -X POST -u $MENDER_SERVER_USER $MENDER_SERVER_URI/api/management/v1/useradm/auth/login)
Enter host password for user ‘user1@host.com’:
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0
curl: (60) server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a “bundle”
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn’t adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you’d like to turn off curl’s verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.
triamp@triamp-Macmini:~ JWT=(curl -k POST -u $MENDER_SERVER_USER $MENDER_SERVER_URI/api/management/v1/useradm/auth/login)
Enter host password for user ‘user1@host.com’:
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: POST
100 30 100 30 0 0 57 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 57

please advise how to solve it. Thanks!

It looks like you don’t have MENDER_SERVER_URI defined.

Drew

Hi drewmoseley,
I use the demo mender also found the same error signal (Error creating deployment. internal error),please advise how to solve it.Thank!