A few UI bugs

Thanks for the great product, I’m currently using hosted mender and enjoying the experience.

There are however two bugs I’ve noticed with the UI, sorry if this isn’t the right place to post them but I wasn’t sure where was appropriate.

The first is when I login I see:

Screenshot%20from%202019-03-21%2018-07-31

But all of my devices have been online within the past 24 hours. This would be a very useful dashboard panel to have if it worked.

The second is shown in the gif below:

Peek%202019-03-21%2018-06

Why do the last updated dates change? I assume the date that initially shows is the correct date but how do I know for sure?

Third issue is a more minor issue but it looks like the UI is cuts long inventory lines. It would be nice if these could be expanded or at least have some indication that the whole data isn’t shown.

Screenshot%20from%202019-03-21%2018-11-03

Thanks again for the great product!

1 Like

Hi @samlewis,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience and thanks for reporting these problems which will help us make it even better.

You can use support@hosted.mender.io for anything Hosted Mender related.

But we can handle this post here, as these issues are not isolated to Hosted Mender really.

I believe that the two first issues you report are related to each other and is something that we are aware of.

Third issue is a more minor issue but it looks like the UI is cuts long inventory lines. It would be nice if these could be expanded or at least have some indication that the whole data isn’t shown.

This is a new one I believe and thanks for the feedback. It indeed makes sense to atleast show that there has been a cut-off if it can not be expanded.

But I will referee the final answer to @michaelatmender as this is more his area.

Hey @samlewis, thanks for the detailed report.
The timestamp issue is definitely something we’re aware of, it’s a UI bug - there’s a ticket in our bugtracker for it.
I added a bug for the 3rd point too,here is the ticket for that one.
We’ll take another look at the dashboard panel too - a lot has changed in master branch very recently that hasn’t hit Hosted Mender yet.