Writer: error writing header, Writer: can not store header-info

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to Mender so would like some help with this error. Basically my setup is

A Ubuntu 18.04 device with a mender client.
A hosted mender server.

I am trying to do application updates only using a Docker image that is pulled from AWS ECR. A ‘hello-world’ docker image is stored on my AWS ECR and I use the amazon-ecr-credential-helper for authentication. But when I try to create the artifact I get the following error:

./docker-artifact-gen -n ${ARTIFACT_NAME} -t ${DEVICE_TYPE} -o ${OUTPUT_PATH} ${DOCKER_IMAGES}
latest: Pulling from hello-world
Digest: sha256:1b26826f602946860c27xxxxxxxxxxx
Status: Image is up to date for 9972xxxxxxx.dkr.ecr.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/hello-world:latest
9972xxxxxxxx.dkr.ecr.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/hello-world:latest
writeArtifactV3: writing header: writer: error writing header: writer: can not store header-info

Any clue what is going on ?

Hey @w.cheema

Do you have the possibility to recompile mender-artifact with this patch, and then retry? Unfortunately the real error message is hidden, so we cannot see why it failed.

If you have the Go compiler installed, it should be a simple matter of cloning the repository, applying that patch, and running make. Then make sure your PATH points to that binary.

1 Like

@kacf thanks for the help/patch but (un)fortunately the error went away and I cannot recreate it. I did too many things and have no idea what solved it and what was casing it.