I am using mender 2.5 and Debian on Raspberry 3B
I need to update the boot partition. I am following these steps:
- Configure the golden device
- Use mender-convert to create an artifact and .img
- Mount the boot partition of the generated .img and copy the /uboot and /boot files into an overlay folder /boot_update/uboot, /boot_update/boot
- Regenerate the artifact including the /boot_update folder
- An ArtifactInstall_Leave script uses rsync to copy the /boot_update folders to /uboot and /boot
- Mender performs a reboot
It doesn’t seem to work correctly.
*The kernel is updated
*For some time (several minutes) the mender server doesn’t see the device
*In the logs I don’t see the artifactinstall_leave script called
*The device boots up with a black screen and resets after sometime. As if a rollback is being performed? But in the end the device runs the updated firmware…
Should this approach updating /uboot and /boot work?
Will Mender specific configuration settings on /uboot (the active A/B partition?) be kept, or are these overwritten?