Unable to rollout the OS OTA update

Description

I am trying to test the mender OS OTA update with my Hyper V machine from the Ubuntu 20.04 live server to the Ubuntu 22.04 live server. For this, I am following the Approach following. Even when I am rolling out the OS OTA update from the mender platform it’s failing.

Prerequisite for Mender for Partition
Partition-Details

Issue Screenshot:
Output-Log-Screenshot

Issue Log:
2023-09-04 09:57:03 +0000 UTC info: Running Mender client version: 3.5.1
2023-09-04 09:57:04 +0000 UTC info: State transition: update-fetch [Download_Enter] → update-store [Download_Enter]
2023-09-04 09:57:04 +0000 UTC info: No public key was provided for authenticating the artifact
2023-09-04 09:57:04 +0000 UTC error: Fetching Artifact headers failed: installer: failed to read Artifact: readHeaderV3: handleHeaderReads: Artifact Payload type ‘rootfs-image’ is not supported by this Mender Client. Ensure that the Mender Client is fully integrated and that the RootfsPartA/B configuration variables are set correctly in ‘mender.conf’
2023-09-04 09:57:04 +0000 UTC info: State transition: update-store [Download_Enter] → update-status-report [none]

Need some solution.

Hi @AkshatVyas,

Does the receiving device have full Mender integration, e.g. bootloader integration and A/B layout? Otherwise, the rootfs update functionality is obviously not supported.

Greetz,
Josef

Hi @TheYoctoJester ,

Yes, it is not integrated properly. Need some info like how can perform the integration between the bootloader and A/B layout.

Thanks
Akshat Vyas

Hi @AkshatVyas,

In order for system updates to work, the initial operating system image need to be Mender-enabled. For Debian derivates, the essential process is to use mender-convert on it. More details are documented here

Greetz,
Josef

Hi @TheYoctoJester,

I have followed the same approach that you have shared for artifact generation. One doubt I have like we have to set up this mender-convert and we have to execute it on the host machine or on some other Ubuntu machine as I have some memory constraints.
Also I trying to upgrade a Hyper V virtual machine from Ubuntu 20.04 to Ubuntu 22.04 using Mender. But In some articles, I read like it is impossible

sudo journalctl -u mener-client -f

Thanks
Akshat Vyas

Hi team,
I have integrated the bootloader with the partition of the host device. Also, I was able to roll out the update, but it was a success from the mender platform and it is not showing any changes in the device level. But it is showing the artifact when I am executing the sudo mender show-artifact.