Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7

It’s a pleasure to contribute :blush:, wanderboard is one of the redistributors of the pico pi imx7

OK I see. Thanks for clarification.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7 Yocto environment

5 posts were split to a new topic: Device hangs during boot - Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7 - Yocto

6 posts were split to a new topic: Second CPU core missing - Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7 - Yocto

5 posts were split to a new topic: Bluetooth on Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7

A post was split to a new topic: License error on Technexion PICO-PI-IMX7

19 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with imx_usb on PICO-PI-IMX/

8 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with the PICO-PI-IMX7

@jorisoffouga, this has been a very popular board here. Any plans to update this to zeus or dunfell?

Hi,

I stay trying put ligpiod v.1.6 in my yocto (imx7d-pico) But I need hardknott. I stay trying copy and change sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe
looking for github version 1.6 but got the following error (which can also be seen in the screen below);

ERROR: Layer openembedded-layer is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: dunfell (layer is compatible with hardknot

That’s expected. Mender currently support only dunfell. If you need a newer branch you’ll need to do some porting.

Drew

@drewmoseley

I have available time and I need this. Please give me the step by step for me to porting

Pls

Yocto dunfell have issue:

ERROR: u-boot-fslc-v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0 do_patch: Command Error: ‘quilt --quiltrc /home/neuberfran/mender-nxp5/build/tmp/work/imx7d_pico-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push’ exited with 0 Output:
Applying patch 0001-ARM-Pico-Pi-i.MX7D-support-to-mender.patch
patching file configs/pico-pi-imx7d_defconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 18 with fuzz 1 (offset 4 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 35.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 64.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED – rejects in file configs/pico-pi-imx7d_defconfig
patching file include/configs/pico-imx7d.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 173.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 168 (offset -23 lines).
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED – rejects in file include/configs/pico-imx7d.h
Patch 0001-ARM-Pico-Pi-i.MX7D-support-to-mender.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/neuberfran/mender-nxp5/build/tmp/work/imx7d_pico-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0/temp/log.do_patch.1506384
ERROR: Task (/home/neuberfran/mender-nxp5/build/…/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fslc_2020.04.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1

@neuberfran Yes seems normal, this board has not been tested with dunfell release (see Test results section)

Yeah, unfortunately there is not a simple step-by-step for resolving patch failures. You will need to try to manually apply it using git am and patch and then inspect the reject files that show the patch hunks that cannot be applied. You will need to figure out how to make an equivalent change for the failed hunks in the current versions of the files.

@neuberfran FYI, I just open a PR for dunfell, see pico-pi-imx7d: bump to dunfell by texierp · Pull Request #232 · mendersoftware/meta-mender-community · GitHub

Also, the commit in [1] is also needed

[1] - u-boot-mender: Ignore case when checking variables in mender_Kconfig_… by texierp · Pull Request #1398 · mendersoftware/meta-mender · GitHub

@drewmoseley @mirzak @jorisoffouga @mirzak Issue in 27/june/2021 When I try dunfell =>

ERROR: u-boot-fslc-v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0 do_patch: Command Error: ‘quilt --quiltrc /home/neuberfran/mender-nxp3/build/tmp/work/imx7d_pico-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push’ exited with 0 Output:
Applying patch 0001-ARM-Pico-Pi-i.MX7D-support-to-mender.patch
patching file configs/pico-pi-imx7d_defconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 18 with fuzz 1 (offset 4 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 35.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 64.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED – rejects in file configs/pico-pi-imx7d_defconfig
patching file include/configs/pico-imx7d.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 173.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 168 (offset -23 lines).
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED – rejects in file include/configs/pico-imx7d.h
Patch 0001-ARM-Pico-Pi-i.MX7D-support-to-mender.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/neuberfran/mender-nxp3/build/tmp/work/imx7d_pico-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fslc/v2020.04+gitAUTOINC+88c58453be-r0/temp/log.do_patch.793240
ERROR: Task (/home/neuberfran/mender-nxp3/build/…/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fslc_2020.04.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1

Yes @neuberfran, as I wrote, the PR is still open.

You need to use pico-pi-imx7d: bump to dunfell by texierp · Pull Request #232 · mendersoftware/meta-mender-community · GitHub

@texierp Please, What I need to change in tutorial ?

This is my local.conf