Server taking the mac address of Host PC not board

We have implementing the mender support in Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC device.

One device is started to visible in server but the MAC address of that device looks like Host PC mac address. The board MAC address is bot visible in server.
Our mender.conf file given below,

{

• “InventoryPollIntervalSeconds”: 5,*
  • “RetryPollIntervalSeconds”: 30,*
  • “RootfsPartA”: “/dev/mmcblk0p2”,*
  • “RootfsPartB”: “/dev/mmcblk0p3”,*
  • “ServerURL”: “Mender”,*
  • “TenantToken”: “eyJhbGcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVkIjFa”,*
  • “UpdatePollIntervalSeconds”: 5,*
  • “UpdateControlMapExpirationTimeSeconds”: 90,*
  • “UpdateControlMapBootExpirationTimeSeconds”: 45,*
    }

How to get board MAC address in server and what i missed, please help !!!

Thanks in Advance

Hi @shabeer,

Sorry, but “looks like Host PC mac address” is not something that I can understand. The identity that Mender uses is defined by the script at /usr/share/mender/identity/mender-device-identity, which by default captures the MAC address of the ethernet interface on the board. If your board should use a different identity like a serial number, or has multiple MAC addresses which need managing, then you need to provide a custom implementation here.

Greetz,
Josef

Hi @TheYoctoJester

Thank you for your feedback. My problem is the MAC address visible in server and Host PC are same. It’s not taking the MAC address of my Ethernet on the board. Where can i mention the MAC address of my device to get that into server? kindly help !

Hi @shabeer,

again, the MAC address which is sent to the server as part of the identity is provided by the named script. If this script picks up an address which you think is incorrect, then you have to find out where and why it is being picked up.
All of this assumes that the client and its parts (namely, said script) are running on the board and are not affected by the host. If you are using a setup which executes parts of the code at different places, you might have to adapt. As we do not have any details nor know your particular setup, its hard to give concise answers.

Greetz,
Josef