Raspberry Pi 3 Model B/B+ Raspbian

Tested newest Raspbian (2019-04-08) with Hosted Mender just now. No issues.

Also upgrading from 2018-11-13 to 2019-04-08 using a Mender Artifact works as expected! :slight_smile:

I built my mender image using 1.1x in Feb, then Mender Server 2.0 was released. Will my image work if I upgrade my server to Mender 2.0?

There was one change in your readme where you removed this line:

./docker-mender-convert from-raw-disk-image
–mender-client /mender

Currently, the image I created works great with Mender 1.7

Yes, that should be no problem!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issues adding Mender to 2018-04 raspbian lite

11 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with Raspbian Buster

5 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with GL driver on Raspbian Stretch

6 posts were split to a new topic: Device not visible in “Pending”

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can I create a new artifact from an mender based sdimg?

Are there any standard set of test cases, that one should conduct to test the integrity of the system.
Apart from the normal ones

See this link: https://docs.mender.io/hosted/devices/yocto-project/bootloader-support/u-boot/integration-checklist

Of course that just tests Mender. You probably will need to review Raspberry Pi docs and general Yocto docs to understand other parts of the system and the needs for testing there.

Drew

Yes, Sorry I did not phrase my question properly. I did perform those steps. What I wanted to know. How do I test the retry and rollback feature from the https://hosted.mender.io

How do I create a failed scenario? How do I create a retry scenario?

I think I don’t know care about the fail scenario because the board integration checklist takes care of that. but How Do I create a retry scenario?

The steps in the integration checklist do verify that rollback is performed but if you want to test it in a full deployment then just power cycle the board while it is rebooting the first time.

Testing a retry will require implementing state scripts. You can see our examples here. If you create a ArtifactCommit_Enter script that returns “21” then it will retry. You will need to make sure to eventually return OK to avoid the server timing out the deployment.
Drew

Im still having the Problem with my Image not booting after converting it due to ‘dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt’.

Can someone explain how exactly to aply the workaround reported in here

Im not very experienced with patching uboot.

Hi,

I was able to fix the problem with disable-bt overlay:

• I forked the mender-uboot and applied the patch mentioned here
  • I patched integration-scripts to create the binaries
  • I run mender-convert using the patched binaries
    Everything is now running nice and smoothly and i can use ttyAMA0.

I think it would make sense to offer that patched version of mender-uboot binaries for a “new” device type (raspberrypi3serial) and by assigning RASPBERRYPI_CONFIG=“raspberrypi3serial” those binaries would then be used when running mender convert. the raspberrypi_config.)

2 Likes

Sounds interesting!

How about a PR, and we’ll take it from there?

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I just encountered an issue when upgrading from buster to bullseye. This update does also need updates to the boot partition. I’m writing this here in the hope it helps others spend less time debugging…

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Mender-convert for Raspberry Pi 3 - storage/card too small

A post was split to a new topic: Mender-convert for Raspberry Pi - 64bit?

I’ve noticed the latest pre-built image (2022-01-28) has raspberrypi4 in the filename, it is therefore for the Pi 4 and is misplaced in this page I think…
(to verify it’s not only a wrong filename, I’ve checked the kernel file, and is the one for the Pi 4 32bit, kernel7l.img)

I have figured out it is indeed a misplaced link address: …-raspberrypi4-mender-convert-3.0.0.img.xz. I have changed it to …-raspberrypi3-mender-convert-3.0.0.img.xz and it works, so I have updated the tables with the correct link.

PS some file sizes and SHA256 were wrong - I fixed those. Moreover, I have added 2022-09-22 image in from Downloads | Mender documentation