Mender-server: fresh production installation continuously restarting

I have tried to search by myself in parallel. First to answer your question: it runs a few seconds and stops, nothing on stdout.

I have run:

docker run -p 8080:80 openresty/openresty:1.13.6.2-0-alpine
echo $?

This return error code 132. Googling gave me some results:

Then checking the exact instruction set of my CPU (lscpu => Atom D525, Flags: sse3).
Confirmed googling the characteristics of the CPU, I have not SSE 4.2 which seems to be required to run the openresty container.

Then going to Docker Hub they indicate nosse42 version is available.

Tried to change openresty to the latest version with no SSE 4.2 which is 1.19.3.1-0-alpine-nosse42 (files docker-compose.storage.minio.yml and extra/failover-testing/docker-compose.failover-server.yml) => api-gateway container still continuously restarting with code 132 (the other are fine).

Tried to change openresty to the first version with no SSE 4.2 which is 1.15.8.1-0-alpine-nosse42 (files docker-compose.storage.minio.yml and extra/failover-testing/docker-compose.failover-server.yml) => api-gateway container still continuously restarting with code 132 (the other are fine).

So we need a container that will be “1.13.6.2-0-alpine-nosse42” but it’s not provided.

I decided to build this container from sources

git clone https://github.com/openresty/docker-openresty.git
git checkout 1.13.6.2-0
docker build -t openresty/openresty:1.13.6.2-0-alpine-nosse42 -f alpine/Dockerfile --build-arg "RESTY_LUAJIT_OPTIONS=--with-luajit-xcflags='-DLUAJIT_NUMMODE=2 -DLUAJIT_ENABLE_LUA52COMPAT -mno-sse4.2'" .

This took about 40minutes on my machine, it’s very long, but I did it :smiley:

Then restarted again mender-server with “./run up” and unfortunatly the api-gateway still restarts periodically :frowning:

Log of the run script (there are plenty of logs from the other containers that seems to be happy):

mender-api-gateway_1             | setting up automatic reload on host IP address changes for DNS names: mender-useradm mender-inventory mender-deployments mender-device-auth mender-device-adm mender-gui
menderproduction_mender-api-gateway_1 exited with code 132

This error is also seen at Unable to start on-premise demo server per "Getting Started" instructions - #25 by Kris, but there is no conclusion to the post.

Does the api-gateway container requires SSE 4.2 too ?

Joel