I’m about to start testing my image on the demo server before moving to AWS and I’m a bit confused with the documentation. Hope no one minds what are probably stupid questions!
This is what I am planning on doing:-
- Create my golden image for Pi CM4 headerless system. V1.00
- Use mender-convert to create the img and artifact.
- Write this mender img to a virgin card and deploy on CM4.
- Upload the artifact to the server - not sure if this is necessary?
- Make a change to the golden-image - just change the led colour so I can see it has happened.V1.01
- Use mender-convert to create the new img and artifact.
- Upload the 1.01 artifact to the server.
- Deploy to test hardware.
Does this all look sensible?
Couple more questions.
- What happens if a device is switched off when 1.01 and 1.02 are deployed and is only switched on when 1.02 is ready? Do the intermediate artifacts have to be deployed in order?
- Any ideas what server on AWS I will need? We are producing 10,000 copies of the hardware for the first production run.
Thanks for any help,