Error during image build after changing boot partition size

After increasing the boot image size in local.conf (MENDER_BOOT_PART_SIZE_MB) I got the following error message:

NOTE: Executing Tasks
ERROR: mender-client-3.0.0-r0 do_install: Command '['rm', '-rf', '/yocto_project/build/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/mender-client/3.0.0-r0/image']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto_project/build/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/mender-client/3.0.0-r0/temp/log.do_install.11677
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| abort()ing pseudo client by server request. See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Pseudo_Abort for more details on this.
| Check logfile: /yocto_project/build/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/mender-client/3.0.0-r0/pseudo//pseudo.log
| ERROR: Command '['rm', '-rf', '/yocto_project/build/tmp/work/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/mender-client/3.0.0-r0/image']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.
ERROR: Task (/yocto_project/sources/meta-mender/meta-mender-core/recipes-mender/mender-client/mender-client_3.0.0.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4477 tasks of which 4471 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

After I deleted the folder manually and restarted the image build process it worked successfully.

According to the linked article, I guess the following happened: “If you see an abort(), it likely means a file was deleted in a non-pseudo context but was left in pseudo’s database.”

If my understanding of the problem is correct then the way Mender handles the changed boot partition size should probably be handled differently to prevent this error.

Best regards
Martin

I am having the same issue.

Is this the dunfell branch? We in Northern.tech have been encountering this as well, and the bug so far looks like it might be on the poky side, but it’s difficult to confirm.

Can you try to add this to your local.conf and see if it helps?

PSEUDO_IGNORE_PATHS .= ",${COREBASE}/bitbake,${COREBASE}/meta"