Can't pass in my own config to mender-convert: no such file or directory

I’m trying to adjust the MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB flag in a custom config when using mender-convert on my Raspbian golden image.

Image: Raspian bullseye 32 bit lite (+ Packages I’ve added)
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4

I created my config as “custom_config” in configs/ using:

echo 'MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB =32768' >> configs/custom_config

Command I’m using:

$MENDER_ARTIFACT_NAME=release-1 ./docker-mender-convert \
  --disk-image input/golden-image-1.img \
  --config configs/raspberrypi4_config \
  --config configs/custom_config

Failure:

2023-05-02 19:15:38 [INFO] [mender-convert-extract] Using configuration file: configs/mender_convert_config
2023-05-02 19:15:38 [INFO] [mender-convert-extract] Using configuration file: ./work/override_compression_config
2023-05-02 19:15:38 [INFO] [mender-convert-extract] Using configuration file: configs/raspberrypi4_config
2023-05-02 19:15:38 [INFO] [mender-convert-extract] Using configuration file: configs/custom_config
modules/config.sh: line 20: configs/custom_config: No such file or directory

I checked and the permissions are the same across all of the configs and the RaspberryPi4_config loads in fine. Why can’t it open the file?

Thanks

Hi @bp1313,

Thanks for reaching out! I just tried to reproduce, and the configuration works for me with one modification:
´´´
echo ‘MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB=32768’ >> configs/custom_config
´´´
(e.g. whitespace removed). I used mender-convert:4.0.1.

If this doesn’t do the trick for you, please provide the version you used and the full log. Thanks

Greetz,
Josef

Ah, I was using an older version because in this tutorial the version is hard coded in the clone command. Could that be removed from the tutorial?
https://docs.mender.io/operating-system-updates-debian-family/convert-a-mender-debian-image

Fixed now!
Thanks,
Brian