Single File

This is a limitation of the Demo environment, as we provide demo certificates for the docker.mender.io and s3.docker.mender.io domains.

If you want to use a custom domain name you can setup a production environment, Production installation | Mender documentation

Hi,

How to include multiple files to deploy using this module?

HI @nishad1092 this update modules is specifically for deploying single files. You may be looking for:

Drew

2 Likes

Sure @drewmoseley, It looks good.

I have another query, so I just deployed a directory of two python file using directory module, and then I would like to execute this .py file, so I’m trying to execute it through script module by simple bash script to python run the file. But it isn’t getting deployed nor gettign executed. ? tell me if Im doing wrong or is there any other way?

Hi @drewmoseley,

I looked over this, It worked just fine, But one glitch, Few deployments went just fine, But whenever a deployment is failed or aborted, then the current artifact is show with “Inconsistent” tag, and also device isn’t syncing in real time after this, I had to restart manually.

Sir, Why is this? How to resolve it, or is this is a known bug\issue ? Because if a update fails, which might happen right, in that scenario, one can’t access the device becuase it isn’t realtime sycned and because of this, im not able to further deploy until i manually restart the device.

Following the tutorial provided step by step I have generated a single file artifact, however when I try to use this for a deployment I get the following error from the device:

2024-05-31 18:09:35.518 +0000 UTC info: Running Mender client 4.0.2
2024-05-31 18:09:35.519 +0000 UTC info: Deployment with ID 24b6fe54-31e6-4eb3-b543-fed5a58ec130 started.
2024-05-31 18:09:35.524 +0000 UTC info: Sending status update to server
2024-05-31 18:09:36.57 +0000 UTC error: Parse error: Failed to parse the header: Failed to parse the type-info artifact_provides JSON: The JSON is not an object
2024-05-31 18:09:36.578 +0000 UTC info: Sending status update to server

The JSON contained within the type-info file in the artifact is as follows;

{“type”:“single-file”,“artifact_depends”:null,“artifact_provides”:null}

Why is this not working as expected?

As a side note - the documentation on using the single-file-artifact-gen here seems very outdated and does not work since the --software-version and --software-name arguments are seemingly unsupported.