Issues with Raspberry Pi 0 WiFi Raspbian

I think using ${PWD} will fail because mender-convert normally runs in a container and the working directory has a different path inside the container.

The free space is determined by the value of MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB that is in your configuration file. You can increase that and you should see more space. We set the default low for quicker demo purposes.

You should probably setup a custom configuration file for your own settings that modify the defaults.

You may also want to investigate the MENDER_DATA_PART_GROWFS variable which will, on first boot, expand the data partition to the end of the drive.

So in the https://github.com/mendersoftware/mender-convert/blob/2.2.0/configs/mender_convert_config,

1. If I have a 16GB SD card, should I mention 16GB = 16000 MB for the MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB ? , So will I get complete 16 Gb ( after taking the 8GB for the Raspbian and other partitions) ?

2. So as you said, this [MENDER_DATA_PART_GROWFS] variable is related to the mentioned MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB variable ??

The size of the root partition is calculated. Basically it’s (MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE_MB - MENDER_BOOT_PART_SIZE_MB - MENDER_DATA_PART_SIZE_MB)/2.

If you specify MENDER_STORAGE_TOTAL_SIZE _MB as the full size of your disk then you likely want to tweak the data partitions size as well. If you specify it as smaller, then using MENDER_DATA_PART_GROWFS will automatically use the rest of the disk for the data partition.

Drew

Hi @drewmoseley

I have been building and testing out this image,

I wanted to test the system update, so I flashed this image with default size parameters into the RPi, and I have build another mender RPi zero image with slight change and then uploaded the .mender artifact and deploying it to the RPi ( this mender also flashed with same default parameters), But the deployment is stuck at 69%, and no errors or warnings in the deployment logs.

IFYI: I tried base image as 8GB storage_size and tried deploying a system updated (the .mender of another custom build with 8GB storage parameters), and also tried 12Gb as storage_size parameters.

Please post the output from $ sudo journalctl -u mender-client run from your device.

Drew

Hi @drewmoseley

I don’t have the device right now, its in remote location, So i can give this output tmrw,
I have the failed deployment log, Shall I share that?

Yes please do.